What you need:
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, rice, or other grain
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh savory, chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
- Mixed salad greens
What you do:
- Preheat the grill. In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup olive oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Place the cooked quinoa in a large bowl and add the tomatoes, parsley, chives, basil, tarragon, and savory. Pour on a small amount of the dressing and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the zucchini, squash, fennel, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Add the 2 tablespoons of oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Transfer the vegetables to a grill basket and place onto hot grill until the vegetables are grilled on the outside and slightly tender on the inside, turning as needed, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon the quinoa mixture onto plates lined with a bed of mixed greens. Top with the grilled vegetables and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!