What you need:
- 1-1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose fl our
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soymilk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1 canned chipotle chiles, chopped
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt, and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine the soymilk, maple syrup, corn and oil.
- Heat a well-oiled cast-iron skillet over medium heat until hot. While the skillet is heating, add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well with a few quick strokes. Transfer the batter into the hot skillet and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!