What you need:
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 leek (white part only), rinsed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups kale, finely shredded
- 3 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- 3/4 cup hot soymilk
What you do:
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, salt the water, cover, and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, leek, and garlic, cover and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the kale and cabbage, season with salt and pepper, cover, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain and return to the pot. Add the margarine and soymilk, and mash with a potato masher. Stir in the kale and cabbage mixture, season again if necessary, and serve hot.