Got a garden full of zukes? These panko-coated chips are easy, delicious, and more fun than your basic grilled zucchini. Serve with skordalia (a traditional Greek dip made with potatoes and lots of garlic), or pair with your favorite vegan ranch.
What You Need:
- 1 pound small eggplant
- 1 pound zucchini
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- Olive oil cooking spray
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly oil two large baking sheets. Slice eggplant and zucchini into 1/4-inch, diagonal slices and lightly sprinkle with salt. Arrange on paper towels and let sit for about 30 minutes, and blot off any excess moisture.
- In a shallow bowl, beat vegan mayonnaise with a fork until smooth. In a small baking dish, combine panko crumbs, oregano, and rosemary.
- Take a slice of eggplant or zucchini and coat both sides with a thin layer of mayonnaise. Dredge each slice generously with herbed panko, and then place in a single layer on baking sheets. Spray with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes, then flip each piece over, spray with more oil, and bake for an additional 10 minutes until panko is golden and crisp. Move to serving platter and serve hot veggie chips immediately with skordalia.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!