What you need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound seitan, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 ripe pears, cored and diced
What you do:
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the seitan and cook until browned. Remove the seitan from the pot and set it aside. In the same pot, add the onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, marjoram, thyme, and broth and bring to a boil. Add the russet and sweet potatoes, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Return seitan to the pot, stir in zucchini and corn and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add pears and cook 5 minutes longer. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve hot.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!