What you need:
- 1 quart soy or rice milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (or chocolate bar of choice)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Vegan marshmallows, non-dairy whipped topping, or chocolate shavings (optional)
What you do:
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the non-dairy milk and cocoa powder. Add the chocolate chips. Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook until the chocolate chips are melted, whisking occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla. Serve steaming hot in mugs, plain, or with your choice of toppings.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!