What you need:
- 1 quart soy or rice milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (or chocolate bar of choice)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Vegan marshmallows, non-dairy whipped topping, or chocolate shavings (optional)
What you do:
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the non-dairy milk and cocoa powder. Add the chocolate chips. Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook until the chocolate chips are melted, whisking occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla. Serve steaming hot in mugs, plain, or with your choice of toppings.
Love vegan food and cooking
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of