What You Need for the Salad:
- 7 ounces spinach
- 4 ounces arugula
- 2 slices usu-age tofu, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 4 or 5 grapefruit segments, roughly chopped
What You Need for the Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon shichimi pepper or chili powder
- Dash black pepper
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
What you do:
- Wash the spinach and arugula, then plunge into iced water to crisp. Tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces and pat dry.
- Roast the usu-age with the almonds in a preheated, unoiled frying pan for 1 to 2 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, rice vinegar, shichimi pepper, black pepper, salt, maple syrup and soy sauce, and mix well.
- Arrange the lettuce and arugula on a serving plate, and place the tomatoes, grapefruit, usu-age and almonds on top. Drizzle with dressing.
Love vegan food as much as we do? Then you’re going to LOVE the VegNews Ultimate Vegan Meal Planner with THOUSANDS of editor-approved, easy-to-make recipes. On sale now for 40% off!Click here