What You Need for the Salad:
- 7 ounces spinach
- 4 ounces arugula
- 2 slices usu-age tofu, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 4 or 5 grapefruit segments, roughly chopped
What You Need for the Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon shichimi pepper or chili powder
- Dash black pepper
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
What you do:
- Wash the spinach and arugula, then plunge into iced water to crisp. Tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces and pat dry.
- Roast the usu-age with the almonds in a preheated, unoiled frying pan for 1 to 2 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, rice vinegar, shichimi pepper, black pepper, salt, maple syrup and soy sauce, and mix well.
- Arrange the lettuce and arugula on a serving plate, and place the tomatoes, grapefruit, usu-age and almonds on top. Drizzle with dressing.