What you need:
- 1 8-ounce package tempeh, cut into thin slices
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallion, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
What you do:
- Cook the tempeh in a saucepan of simmering water for 30 minutes. While the tempeh cooks, prepare the relish.
- In a bowl, combine the papaya, bell pepper, scallion, cilantro, ginger and lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
- Drain the tempeh and pat it dry. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tempeh and cook until browned on both sides. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with the papaya relish.