What you need:
- 1 cup extra-firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped (juice squeezed and discarded)
- 3/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, basil or dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sliced bread or pita
What you do:
- In a large bowl, combine tofu with tamari, balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a skillet, add oil and marinated tofu. Sauté for 8 to 10 minutes on medium-high heat, tossing until lightly browned. Let cool.
- Place tofu in a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Spread on bread or in pitas, or serve as a dip with tortilla chips or crackers.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!