What you need:
- 1-1/2 cups finely ground oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted cashew butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup non-hydrogenated canola spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsulfured dates
- 1/2 cup cashew halves
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Finely grind oats in blender. In a bowl combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. In a larger bowl, blend together cashew butter, water, maple syrup, non-hydrogenated canola spread and vanilla until smooth. Add dry mixture and gently blend until combined. Do not beat or over-mix. Stir in coconut and dates.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto oiled cookie sheet-press down lightly on dough ball with fingers to flatten. Then nestle one cashew half into center of each cookie. Bake until tops are lightly browned but still soft-approximately 10-12 minutes.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!