Makes 16 bars
What you need:
- 4 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut chips (large shredded pieces)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (or carob chips)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1/3 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil, plus additional for oiling pan
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
What you do:
- In a large bowl, place the cereal, oats, coconut chips, chocolate chips, almonds, sunflower seeds, brown rice flour, soy flour, sugar, and cinnamon, and mix well to combine. In a small bowl, place all of the remaining ingredients, and stir well to combine. Pour half of the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir gently. Add the remaining half of the wet ingredients and stir well to thoroughly moisten the dry ingredients.
- Using a little sunflower oil, lightly oil a 13 x 9-inch pan. Transfer the bar mixture to the pan, and pack it down evenly and firmly with your hands. Bake at 300 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven. Using the back of a large spoon, run it around the edges and over the entire surface, pressing firmly to pack down the hot bars even more. Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting into 16 bars. Store in an air-tight container or individually wrap.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!