What you need:
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and 1 tablespoon oil reserved, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, preferably kalamata, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-3/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds or pine nuts (optional)
What you do:
- Place the tomatoes and reserved oil, olives, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; stir well to combine. Set aside. Bring a large stockpot filled with salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the beans and cook until tender but still slightly crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Drain well and transfer to a warm shallow serving bowl. Add the olive mixture, tossing well to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with the almonds or pine nuts, if desired.
Click here for more delicious recipes:
Spicy Peanut Green Beans
Szechwan String Beans