What you need:
- 1 pound rapini or broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/3 cup fresh or dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
What you do:
- Coarsely chop the rapini and cook in a pot of boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add figs and pine nuts and cook until pine nuts are lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- Stir in reserved rapini and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Drizzle with a little more olive oil if desired. Serve hot.