Makes 2 to 3 dozen
What you need:
- 1 recipe of All-In-One Sugar Cookie Dough (see VegNews recipe)
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Toasted coconut, sliced almonds, or chocolate
- Sprinkles, for decorating
What you do:
- Prepare cookie dough according to recipe instructions, cover, and chill one hour. On a floured work surface, working in batches, roll out the dough to an 1/8-inch thickness. Using a star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out cookies and carefully transfer them to ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a rack to cool completely. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips. Place a dab of melted chocolate in the center of each cookie, then sandwich two cookies together slightly off center, and decorate the top cookie with a little toasted coconut, sliced almonds, or chocolate sprinkles, as desired.