Vanilla Bean Whipped Crème
With rich, smooth texture and taste, this dairy-free dessert topping will cool down slightly warmed pies and cobblers.
June 24, 2010
What you need:
- 1 14-ounce can of full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
What you do:
1. Chill the bowl and whisk of a standard mixer in the freezer for 30 minutes.
2. Scrape the cream from the top of the coconut milk can and discard the remaining liquid.
3. In the bowl of stand mixer, add the coconut cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla bean seeds. Beat 1 to 2 minutes until fluffy. Store in refrigerator.