1. After asking us to choose the “real milk” on its website (Almond milk? “Pretty funky color.”), the California Milk Processor Board has released a commercial nationwide showing a bunch of old men (oxygen tanks and all!) sitting around a table discussing how to waste their money. The answer? “We can make milk from something other than cows, like beans or … nuts.”
2. We’re all about starting the new year off on a healthy foot, but those feet can’t help but take a step back when there are Fried Tofu French Toast Sandwiches to eat.
3. Beyoncé and Jay-Z (who went partially vegan for the pregnancy) had their baby, Blue Ivy Carter, on Saturday. Our newest prediction: the VegNews staff is invited to the vegan wedding of Blue Ivy and Bear Blu (Alicia Silverstone’s son, of course) on June 19, 2032.
4. Want to see five ridiculously cute animal videos? Voilà! Oh, the magic of the internet.
5. And for our Tweet of the Week, we realize that stars really are just like us: “I needed that sleep! Now coffee time and then back to Hunger Games!”—@msleamichele