Whether it was a how-to guide on making incredible Mexican food at home or a famous Hollywood couple who tried to adopt the world’s most famous pig, VegNews’ readers couldn’t get enough of veganism—all facets of it—in 2014. In honor of the vegan lifestyle becoming more popular than ever this year, we’ve compiled a list of the 15 most-read features on VegNews.com so that we can look back at all that’s been accomplished—and look forward to even more to come in 2015.
1. 13 Stellar Vegan Jackfruit Recipes
Jackfruit was all the rage in 2014, and we’ve compiled the best recipes to showcase this versatile, delicious ingredient—from tacos to custard.
2. Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Adopt Esther the Wonder Pig
What happens when a celebrity vegan couple want to adopt the world’s most famous pig? You’ll have to read to find out …
3. 3 Rules for Stellar Homemade Vegan Cheese
Want to make delicious vegan cheese at home? Cheesemaker extraordinaire, Miyoko Schinner, shares her top tips.
4. Colleen Holland: My Top 10 Favorite Vegan Beauty Brands
VegNews’ Colleen Holland dishes on her must-have vegan body care, from body butter and lip balm to facial scrub and moisturizer.
5. 14 Game-Changing Avocado Recipes
Chocolate-avocado birthday cake? Avocado-gnocchi salad? Avocado fries? We’ve searched the web for our favorite avo recipes and give you the best of the best.
6. The 21 Ultimate Vegan Taco and Guacamole Recipes
Given your love for avocado, it’s no wonder our story on incredible taco and guacamole recipes landed in our top 15 of 2014. From barbecue eggplant tacos, 6-layer taco pie, and pineapple guacamole, we got ‘em all.
7. 12 Dreamy Towns for Vegan Living
Looking for a veg-friendly city where you can lay down roots? We’ve got inspiration for your next move.
8. 11 Unbelievably Awesome Uses for Cauliflower
You’d never guess how many healthy meals can be made with one simple, star vegetable!
9. 5 Amazing Vegan Subscription Boxes
Get fun treats on the regular with these cruelty-free subscriptions.
10. 5 Unforgettable Vegan Fall Getaways
Getting away, vegan-style, has never been easier. From New York to California, we share our favorite cold-weather weekend desintations!
11. 11 Spicy Vegan Dishes for Hot Sauce Lovers
VegNews’ readers like it hot—from jalapeno cheddar bagels to sriracha-habanero buffalo wings to spicy kimchi soup. Bring on the chiles.
12. The Three-Day Detox Plan Anyone Can Do
Coming off a junk food bender? This easy plan will cleanse you—without driving you crazy.
13. How to Make Great Vegan Mexican Food at Home
Vegan chef Jason Wyrick shares his must-have pantry items for incredible homemade Mexican food.
14. 5 Mouthwatering Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin season has never been better with our historical look at the mighty squash plus five amazing recipes everyone should make.
15. Colleen Holland’s 15 Most-Anticipated Vegan Cookbooks of 2014
Did your favorite cookbook of the year make Colleen’s annual list? Check it out here.
Subscribe now to the world’s #1