Remember the Oreos and peanut butter scene in The Parent Trap? That movie introduced the world to an iconic combination of sweet and salty vegan goodness. Well, take that peanut butter-slathered Oreo, cram it in between a peanut butter blondie and a fudgy brownie, and you get a peanut butter Oreo blondie brownie. OMG indeed!
What You Need:
1 batch of your favorite brownie recipe
1 batch of your favorite blondie recipe
16 Oreos (or other vegan chocolate-and-cream sandwich cookie)
5–6 tablespoons peanut butter (or allergy-friendly alternative)
What You Do:
1. Line an 8 x 8 square pan with parchment paper, or grease well. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare brownie and blondie batters. Pour the blondie batter into your baking pan.
3. Layer Oreos on top of the blondie batter. In the spaces between the Oreos, dollop one teaspoon of peanut butter. Be as liberal with the peanut butter as you like!
4. Spread brownie batter on top of the Oreo/peanut butter layer, approximately one-inch thick. Freeze any leftover batter for another use.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. Watch brownies carefully so the blondie layer does not burn. Brownies are done when a knife or toothpick inserted into the center comes out smoothly.
6. Let brownies cool completely to cut into bars with a serrated knife. Serve at room temperature with a glass of cold non-dairy milk or warmed with a scoop of non-dairy vanilla ice cream.
Photo courtesy of Dylan Fernandes
Love the plant-based lifestyle as much as we do?
Get the BEST vegan recipes, travel, celebrity interviews, product picks, and so much more inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!