Though kale leaves can be a little rougher than your average roughage, it is certainly one of our favorites. There’s nothing quite as satisfying as a huge salad when the clock strikes noon, and this recipe blends the perfect variety of textures and flavors. The secret is to marinate this salad for at least 10 minutes before serving to tenderize the kale and develop the flavors. Of course, feel free to throw in any of your other favorite veggies—the more the merrier!
What you need:
- 1 large bunch fresh kale, destemmed
- 1/2 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Tamari, Bragg’s, or soy sauce
What you do:
- Tear kale into small, bite-size pieces. In a bowl, toss all vegetables with kale.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flax seed oil, lemon juice, and tamari. Pour over vegetables and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
VegNews’ co-founder Colleen Holland could eat this salad every single day. Follow Colleen at Healthy Vegan for more of her favorite wholesome plant-based foods!
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!