This month, innovative vegan ice cream brand Eclipse announced seven new exclusive flavors made by top chefs across the country as part of its chef collaboration series that launched earlier this summer. Founded by food technology experts Alyon Steinhart and Thomas Bowman, Eclipse creates dairy identical ice cream using a blend of plants such as corn and cassava to create flavors free of soy, wheat, nuts, coconut, gums, gels, stabilizers, and GMOs.
Available now for pre-order on its website, 100 percent of proceeds will be donated to the chefs’ charities of choice. Chef collaborations and flavors in this second round of the series include:
- Garden Lemon Verbena, created by Michael Tusk, with proceeds benefiting Feed the Future, which works to address global hunger through partnerships and innovations;
- Turkish Cardamom Coffee, created by Jamie Bissonnette and Ken Oringer, with proceeds benefiting Off Their Plate to help provide food for frontline workers;
- Roasted Plantain with Coconut Cream and Salted Caramel, created by Chef JJ, with proceeds benefiting Harlem Park to Park, an organization supporting the economic development of Harlem while helping retain its present culture;
- Cherry Sesame Swirl, created by Suzanne Cupps, with proceeds benefiting City Harvest to help provide quality produce to food-insecure New Yorkers;
- Salted Caramel Peach Pie, created by Maya-Camille Broussard, with proceeds benefiting Justice of Pies’ I Knead Love program;
- Sweet Corn & Sesame Fennel Crunch, created by Ben Daitz, with proceeds benefiting Grassroots Law Project, which advocates for structural change within the US criminal justice system;
- Thai Iced Tea, created by Tom Naumsuwan, with proceeds benefiting Heart of Dinner, an initiative that works to end discrimation against people of Asian descent and to help provide food relief to vulnerable populations living in New York City’s Chinatown.
Future collaborations are set to include chefs Heather Sperling, Carolina Santos-Neves, Abra Bernes, Sam Smith, and Leah Cohen.
Available alongside Eclipse signature flavors (such as Vanilla, Cookie Butter, and Chocolate), the chef-made flavors retail for $17.99 while classic flavors are available for $11.99 with nationwide shipping.