This warm, comforting cheesy cauliflower potato casserole from the HealthyGirl Kitchen blogger is everything we could want in a gluten-free dish. For added cheesiness, stir in some vegan cheddar until melted to perfection.
What you need:
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
7 yukon gold potatoes, cubed
1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
¼ cup nutritional yeast
1 cup vegetable broth
½ cup unsweetened vegan milk
½ lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
½ cup breadcrumbs
Fresh parsley, to garnish
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add cauliflower and potatoes to boiling water and cook for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Into a high-speed blender, add cashews, nutritional yeast, broth, milk, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Strain potatoes and cauliflower and add into a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Pour cashew mixture over top and mix until combined. Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve warm.
Photo credit: Danielle Keith
The VegNews Mega Birthday Sale ends July 31 at midnight! Get the BEST vegan recipes, travel, celebrity interviews, product picks, and so much more inside every issue of VegNews Magazine—at a special birthday price. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!