Fresh lemon juice is the key to achieving the brightest taste in this recipe from The Well Fed Yogi. Top with a swirl of coconut cream for added decadence.
What you need:
¼ cup lemon juice
1 cup vegan milk
¼ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ cup fresh berries, for garnish
2 mint leaves, for garnish
What you do:
- Into a medium pot over medium-high heat, pour lemon juice, milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Heat, stirring well until mixture comes to a boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, add cornstarch and ¼ cup of heated lemon mixture. Mix well until the consistency of a very smooth paste is achieved.
- Pour back into pan with lemon mixture and stir continuously over medium heat until thickened. If mixture becomes lumpy, pass through a sieve.
- Pour into two individual bowls, cover with plastic wrap directly over top of pudding to prevent a skin from forming, and place in refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Serve with a garnish of mint and berries.
Photo credit: Mary Callan
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!