Packed with peanut butter, these bars are perfect peanut-studded chocolate layers between a sugary maple filling for a wonderful gift-giving treat for everyone on your holiday list. Adapted from a family recipe, these veganized bars are similar in taste to Pearson’s Nut Goodie Bar candy bars.
What you need:
2 (12-ounce) packages vegan chocolate chips
1 (18-ounce) jar creamy peanut butter
2 cups dry-roasted peanuts
¼ cup dry vanilla pudding mix
1 cup vegan butter, melted
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon maple extract
What you do:
- In a large bowl, add chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring to combine, until melted. Stir in peanuts.
- In a 9 x 13-inch parchment-lined pan, spread half of chocolate mixture. Place in refrigerator to cool and set.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine pudding mix, butter, and almond milk. Bring to a boil, and let boil 1 minute.
- Into a large bowl or stand mixer, transfer pudding mixture. Stir in powdered sugar and maple extract, and beat until smooth. Remove chocolate pan from refrigerator and spread pudding mixture over cooled chocolate layer.
- Spread remaining chocolate mixture evenly over pudding mixture. Chill in refrigerator for several hours or overnight. For easy cutting, remove bars from pan with parchment paper lining, and place on cutting board. Cut into 1-inch squares.