Crispy Roasted Chickpeas with Herbes de Provence
Toss these golden roasted beans onto a fresh salad for a flavorful, crunchy crouton substitute.
May 21, 2021
This recipe from the The Zero-Waste Chef cookbook calls for herbes de Provence—a blend of dried thyme, rosemary, basil, savory, fennel, and other herbs, such as lavender. Look for good, quality herbes de Provence in the spice aisle of your local market.
What you need:
3 cups chickpeas
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for greasing
1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
½ teaspoon salt
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Rub with a clean kitchen towel until very dry. Remove any skins that peel off.
- Spread chickpeas in a single layer on baking sheet, place in oven, and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, herbes de Provence, and salt.
- Remove chickpeas from oven, carefully transfer to bowl with oil and spices, and toss to coat evenly.
- Return chickpeas to baking sheet and roast 10 to 15 minutes longer, until crunchy and golden brown in color. Enjoy warm.