If you’re preparing these two-bite treats ahead of time, store in the refrigerator covered with wax paper and a damp paper towel to prevent the bread from drying out.
What You Need:
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced tarragon
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf organic white spelt bread
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons Maldon sea salt
What You Do:
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, chives, tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- To make one sandwich, cut crusts off two slices of bread. Spread with a layer of cream cheese mixture, and arrange a layer of cucumber on one slice of bread. Sprinkle Maldon salt over cucumber slices and top with the other piece of bread. Cut in half on a diagonal, and then cut each piece in half again, forming 4 small triangles. Repeat with remaining ingredients.