Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bites
These bars are the perfect blend of classic peanut butter and cookie dough.
December 16, 2012
Thanks to the geniuses behind Tiny Treats, the cookbook which pays special homage to small wonders, VegNews readers can now behold the glorious combination that is peanut butter and cookie dough! These creamy bite-size delights are fancy enough for the grand finale at a dinner party, yet simple enough to share with a special someone while watching movies in your pajamas.
Makes 20 to 24 tiny bars
What You Need
For the crust:
1 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted
1/8 teaspoon of salt
For the filling:
3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 2 to 4 hours, drained
1 cup Medjool dates, soaked in water for 20 minutes, drained
1 cup almond milk
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cacao nibs
For the chocolate coating:
2/3 cup cacao powder, sifted
2/3 cup melted cacao butter
6 tablespoon agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
What You Do:
1. For the crust, in a food processor, process almonds and coconut until fine. Add remaining crust ingredients and pulse until mixture clumps together.
2. Line an 8 x 8-inch square pan with parchment paper and pour crust into pan. Distribute evenly and press down firmly.
3. For the filling, in a blender, blend all filling ingredients except cacao nibs until smooth. Add cacao nibs and process until nibs are completely mixed in.
4. Pour filling onto prepared crust and spread evenly. Set in freezer to firm, about 1 to 2 hours.
5. For the chocolate coating, in a small pot over low heat, boil 1/2 cup water. Place a shallow bowl over boiling pot and add all ingredients. Whisk together until smooth.
6. Remove firm bars from pan and slice into small squares. Dip each square into prepared chocolate to coat. Set on a cooling rack covered in parchment paper. Return to freezer to firm.
Photo: Nicole Axworthy