What you need:
- 2 tablespoons soy margarine
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Ener G Egg Replacer
- 1-1/4 cups soy beverage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small saucepan, bring soy margarine and 1/4 cup of maple syrup to a boil over medium heat. Boil for only 30 seconds, then pour into 9 inch round glass baking dish. Sprinkle in almonds and then spoon in pineapple.
- In a bowl, combine whole wheat pastry flour, unbleached white flour, baking powder and sea salt. Cut in canola oil until chunks are pea-sized. In a small bowl, mix together egg replacer and two tablespoons of the soy beverage. In a larger bowl, blend together remaining soy beverage, egg replacer mixture, remaining maple syrup and almond extract until smooth. Add wet to dry mixture and gently blend until combined. Do not beat or over-mix.
- Gently, spoon mixture onto almond/pineapple topping. Bake approximately 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Click here for more delicious recipes:
Chocolate Truffle Cake
Raw Coconut Carrot Cake
Island Banana Cake