Inspired by the incredible responses to our question about dream vegan products, we wish we could give recipes for each and every one of the awesome ideas our readers have proposed. Until then, were happy to answer at least one request: vegan tuna sandwiches! Youll be shocked at how easy these are to prepare, and how satisfyingly seafood-ish they are.
What you need:
- 30 ounces (2 cans) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 cup red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dill pickle, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons nori seaweed flakes
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 12 slices bread, lightly toasted
- 6 large, crisp lettuce leaves
- 12 fresh tomato slices
What you do:
- In a large bowl, mash the garbanzo beans with a potato masher or the back of a fork.
- Fold the onion, celery, garlic, pickle, nori, mayonnaise, salt, and black pepper into the garbanzo beans. Combine thoroughly.
- Lightly toast the bread. Spread the salad on one slice and stack with a lettuce leaf, two tomato slices, and another slice of bread. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.