Vegan No-Bake Girl Scouts Samoas
These super-simple, chewy chocolaty cookies taste just like the nostalgic favorite and are made from just six ingredients.
March 17, 2023
No need to track down your local Girl Scout for a cookie fix, and with this recipe from HealthyGirl Kitchen, vegans can finally get a taste of the coconutty-caramelly Samoas that have long evaded us.
What you need:
1 cup shredded coconut
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup pitted medjool dates
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup dark chocolate chips
What you do:
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a pan over medium heat, toast coconut until golden brown. Stir constantly to prevent burning, about 5 minutes.
- Into a food processor, add coconut and oats. Pulse for 30 seconds. Add dates, vanilla, and salt. Blend until completely combined, and it resembles a crumbly texture that sticks together when rolled into cookies.
- Take 2 tablespoons of dough. Form into a ball then shape into a flat round cookie. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Use a straw to make a hole in center of each cookie. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a glass measuring cup. Melt by microwaving in 45 second increments until melted, stirring between each increment.
- Remove cookies from freezer and dip bottom of each cookie in melted chocolate and place back on baking sheet. Drizzle chocolate on top using a spoon. Freeze for 15 minutes more to set chocolate.
Here at VegNews, we live and breathe the vegan lifestyle, and only recommend products we feel make our lives amazing. Occasionally, articles may include shopping links where we might earn a small commission. In no way does this effect the editorial integrity of VegNews.