Fudgy Freezer Vegan Raspberry Brownie Bites
These rich, dark cacao bites are primed and ready to freeze well for any time a chocolate craving hits.
February 10, 2023
Tart raspberries and chunks of dark chocolate make these instantly craveable desserts from the Love to Eat cookbook a must-make.
What you need:
Oil for greasing pan
3⁄4 cup almond flour
1⁄4 cup cacao powder
⅔ cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 cup vegan chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoons ground flax
5 tablespoons water
1⁄2 cup creamy almond butter
1⁄4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup fresh raspberries
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with oil and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cacao powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips and coconut oil and microwave in two or three 30-second internals, stirring between intervals until smooth and melted.
- In a small bowl, mix together ground flax and water and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted chocolate, almond butter, maple syrup, flax mixture, and vanilla until smooth. Add raspberries, using a spoon to lightly smash, being sure to leave some chunks for texture.
- Add wet ingredients to dry mixture and stir until a thick batter forms. Transfer to prepared pan, using a spatula to spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips on top. Bake 27 to 29 minutes or until a butter knife inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven, place on a wire rack, and allow pan to cool to room temperature before cutting into 16 small squares.
Here at VegNews, we live and breathe the vegan lifestyle, and only recommend products we feel make our lives amazing. Occasionally, articles may include shopping links where we might earn a small commission. In no way does this effect the editorial integrity of VegNews.