Makes 2 cups
What you need:
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated soy parmesan (optional)
What you do:
- Place the garlic and pine nuts in a food processor and process until minced. Add the basil, salt, and pepper, and process until the mixture is ground to a paste. With the machine running, stream in the olive oil until well-blended.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the soy parmesan, if using. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.