What You Need for the Purée:
- 2-1/2 pounds orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons plain non-dairy milk (optional)
What You Do for the Purée:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pierce sweet potatoes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 45 to 60 minutes, until very soft when pierced. Remove and cool.
- Remove skins and discard. In food processor, purée sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon until very smooth, adding milk to thin if desired. Season to taste with more salt or olive oil.
What You Need for the Cumin Lime Tofu:
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoons tamari
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 12-ounce package firm tofu, cut into1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds or pistachios, lightly chopped
What You Do for the Cumin Lime Tofu:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a 9 x 12-inch baking dish, combine lime juice, agave nectar, tamari, cumin, curry powder, allspice, cayenne, sea salt, and oil. Add tofu and turn to coat each side. Cover dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil, flip tofu and sprinkle on the pumpkin seeds. Bake uncovered for 13 to 15 minutes until marinade is absorbed. Serve over Roasted Sweet Potato Purée.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!