What You Need For The Brownies:
- 1-1/3 cups granulated sweetener
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons flax powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/3 cups unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
What You Need For The Topping:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/6 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (use 1/3-cup measurer and only fill it half full)
- 3-1/2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1/2 cup water
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-x-8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, stir together granulated sweetener, applesauce, and 2 tablespoons water. In a small cup, mix flax powder with 1/2 cup water. Add to applesauce mixture and stir to combine. Add vanilla to this mixture.
- In another small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add applesauce mixture to flour mixture. Stir just to combine. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes for chewy brownies, 45-47 minutes for cake-like brownies (or until middle of brownie is set when touched).
- While the brownies are baking, make the chocolate topping. In a small saucepan, place the powdered sugar, canola oil, vanilla, cocoa, and arrowroot. Stir to combine, using a wire whisk for best results, and mix in water. Turn on heat and keep stirring until the mixture starts to thicken, but do not boil. Pour hot topping over brownies and smooth out evenly. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Subscribe now to the world’s #1