What you need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 bunches fresh spinach (about 1 pound), washed and trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 cups hot water or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice from a freshly squeezed lemon
What you do:
- Heat the oil in a large pot or skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cover, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Chop the spinach and add to the pot. Cook just long enough to wilt the spinach, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the rice, water or broth, dill, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the rice is cooked, about 20 minutes. Just before serving, drizzle with the lemon juice.