Makes 10 truffles
What you need:
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup tortilla chips or corn chips, finely ground
What you do:
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate over simmering (but not boiling) water. Stir until smooth and remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, sugar, ancho chili powder, cinnamon, pinch of salt, and cayenne, and mix until blended. Whisk in the chocolate until the mixture is well combined. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Roll the mixture into 3/4-inch balls. Place the ground tortilla chips in a shallow bowl and roll truffles in the chips. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.