Serves 4 to 6
What you need:
- 1 cup Thai sticky rice
- 1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Pinch of salt
- 3 fresh ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced
What you do:
- Soak the rice in a bowl of water for at least 2 hours and drain.
- Place the rice in a saucepan with the coconut milk, water, sugar, shredded coconut and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, cover and allow to cool at room temperature for 10 minutes. To serve, scoop out portions of the sticky rice onto individual dessert plates and surround with slices of mango. This dessert tastes best when served slightly warm or at room temperature.