What you need:
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-3/4 cups orange juice (preferably calcium-fortified)
- 6 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
What you do:
- In a large nonstick saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and cumin; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add orange juice, carrots, parsnips, figs, raisins and cayenne. Simmer covered for 20-25 minutes.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!