These gooey bars combine the best of two favorite worlds: chocolate and pumpkin. Chef’s tip: You can make your own oat flour by grinding oats in a blender, 1/4 cup at a time.
Makes 20 bars
What you need:
3 cups gluten-free oat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup canola oil, plus more for pan
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon gluten-free vanilla
2 cups allergen-free chocolate chips
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly oil a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin with baking powder. Add oil, sugar, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
4. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients, one half at a time, and stir to combine. Mix in chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into pan. With damp hands, press batter to evenly fill pan. Bake 18 minutes, and cool completely before cutting into bars.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!