1. Gluten-Free Vegan Butterfinger Cupcakes: making every Friday a little bit sweeter.
2. For all you cat lovers out there, we giggled reading through The 25 Most Awkward Cat Sleeping Positions. One of our favorites? The Sleeping Baby. “Find a baby. Imitate the baby.”
3. Do you read Grist’s series Protein Angst? No? Well, one, you should, and two, it’s a series on the “environmental and nutritional complexities of high-protein foods.” One of the latest posts is on the idea that the mainstream now finds vegetarianism passé (read: “That was so ‘90s.”). We highly suggest you read it.
4. Did you know that actress (and vegetarian!) Kristen Bell loves sloths? Well, it’s not love, it’s more like burst-into-tears-and-hysteria obsession. Seriously, just watch her interview from The Ellen DeGeneres Show. If you don’t laugh, there’s something wrong with you.
5. And for our Tweet of the Week, Associate Editor Jennifer Chen’s husband, Brendan Hay, makes something gross (ammoniated beef) really funny. And for that, we thank him: “McDonald’s is no longer using a chemical found in homemade explosives in its food. Sorry, teens hoping to score mutant powers from a burger.”—@B_Hay