We already know that Ellen DeGeneres can’t get enough of the Vegan Zombies, but, we’re big fans around here as well. From their highly entertaining video cooking series to a new cookbook filled with easy-to-make vegan recipes, we sleep better knowing Chris Cooney and Jon Tedd are warding off any potential zombie apocalypse. Whip up this delicious French Toast for a quick weekday breakfast or a special weekend meal—and you, too, will be amongst the survivors.
Zombie-Free French Toast
- 1 loaf stale bread, thick slices
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 to 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- In a mixing bowl, add soymilk, flour, powdered sugar, corn starch, agave nectar, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt. Whisk everything together.
- Heat non-stick pan on medium heat. Lightly coat with coconut oil.
- Dip slices of bread in the batter and place in heated pan. Cook each side until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add banana slices, and dust with powdered sugar. Top with maple syrup or agave nectar.
Love vegan food and cooking
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of