Whether you’re rushing out the door in the morning or trying to show off your foodie photographer skills, nothing does the job quite like a slab of toast. And what versatility too! Smear on your favorite nut butter for a quick, nutritious, on-the-go bite, dress up your bread with trendy, eye-popping ingredients, or whip out a sweet potato (yes, you heard that right—read on to have your mind blown). However you slice it, there are endless possibilities to be had. So let’s toast to toast … with toast!
1. Ever heard of sweet potato toast? Basically, you slice one of the orange spuds lengthwise, carefully toast in your toaster, and pile on whatever your heart desires. @themakeshiftmermaid slathered on chipotle mayo, avocado, bacon bits, onions, and tomatoes for this savory vegan masterpiece. We’re jealous.
Sweet potato toast is the best foodie trend since sliced bread– it’s even replacing it! It’s paleo, high-fibre, gluten-free, and the perfect canvas for a Hungry Buddha creation! • Thanks to @thedishonhealthy for sharing her recipe! She topped her sweet potato toast with almond butter, cinnamon, banana and HB Pumpkin Spice coconut chips!
2. Not convinced yet? Like your sweet potato toast on the sweeter side? @thedishonhealthy’s recipe with almond butter, cinnamon, banana, and pumpkin spice coconut chips will get the job done.
That peanut butter life on #ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread with a homemade iced almond milk latte. Perfect afternoon pick me up! Read back through my goals for #tiu31 & realized morning workouts and meditation and mobility were my goals but I was neglecting them - so got in my AM workout, did a 5 minute meditation session (so short but gotta start somewhere) & lacrosse ball massage on my shoulders & back. Take the time to reflect on your goals and refocus if you’re off track. New habits take practice, they involve false starts and procrastination but you will get there with focus & discipline. 🌟👟☀️ @karenakatrina @toneitup #tiuteam #tiu31 #snack #vegan #toast #coffee #activerecovery #mindfulness #crossfitgirls #crossfit #food #foodforthought
3. Sometimes, simplicity is key. @thepositivethread sticks to peanut butter, but pairs it with cinnamon raisin bread and a homemade iced almond milk latte for an easy brunch that’s perfect for lazing around on a weekend.
4. @talinegabriel’s spread of sliced figs, coconut yogurt, pistachios, edible flowers and maple syrup on spelt sourdough bread is almost too pretty to eat, but we’ll find a way.
Sometimes simple is best. For example, PB&J toast is definitely not fancy, but it is super delicious and provides great fuel for your body! How to update this classic to meet your more grown up, health conscious needs: use 100% whole wheat bread for more fiber and protein, stick to the serving size or less of peanut butter, and try a less sugary jelly/jam like this chia jelly! You can make your own super simple chia jelly by adding chia seeds to any fruit purée and letting the chia work its magic, absorbing water from the fruit and creating a thick jam/jelly! No extra sugar needed! Happy fueling! 😋🍞🍇💪🏽 #cookeatcompete #nutrition #sportsnutrition #healthycooking #simplecooking #healthy #balanced #simplefood #wholefoods #plantbased #pbj #wholewheat #toast #chia #chiajam #fuelyourbody #healthysnacks #healthyfats #foodisfuel #noaddedsugar #fuel #peanutbutter #peanutbutterjelly #jelly #jam
5. A healthful take on a classic combination. @cookeatcompete is lowering the sugar and upping the fiber and protein by opting for a homemade chia-fruit purée jam, a thin smear of peanut butter, and 100 percent whole wheat bread. (Bonus, subscribe to VegNews Magazine today and get the recipe for your own Blueberry Sangria, Strawberry Lime Jalapeño, and Bing Cherry Vanilla chia jams in the upcoming Health + Wellness Issue!)
↠Kadota Fig Toast↞ @breadsrsly gluten free bread, @kitehillcheese plain cream cheese, organic Kadota figs from the Larchmont Farmer’s Market and a balsamic drizzle. Figs have always intimidated me for some reason, but I learned a lot about them @thehfm last week, and they’re extra delicious rn, and I suggest getting some into your mouth ASAP!
6. Kadota figs, Kite Hill’s almond cream cheese, and a balsamic drizzle make for a super easy, yet totally divine spread from @myveganplate.
If you want to feel really cozy on a fall afternoon, put on your favorite socks and whip up a chocolatey toast situation on a slice of our #glutenfree sourdough. . (Oh, and if you want to feel really, REALLY cozy, use a slice from our large pullman loaf, because it makes for BIG slices that warm the ❤️. . Order one of our gluten-free, vegan pullman loaves (+ Bread SRSLY toast socks!) at breadsrsly.com/shop 🙌🏼
7. HELLO hazelnut chocolate spread, cranberries, pecans, and coconut! This gluten-free marvel from @breadsrsly is topped with a bunch of nutritious ingredients, so it’s more like a healthy snack rather than a dessert, right?
When you can’t decide what toppings you want on your toast so you go for them all! 🤓🤓🤓Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, granola, co-yo, grapes, hazelnuts, pb, jam, chia seeds and cacao nibs 😄- just got back from a good morning workout and going to have a long study sesh now 📚📙📖 happy Toast Tuesday 💕💜💝 also, thank you for all the love on my previous post 🌺
8. Well, this puts anything we make to shame. @mynuttydelights’ indecision led to this gorgeous pile-up of strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, granola, coconut yogurt, grapes, hazelnuts, peanut butter, jam, chia seeds, and cacao nibs, and we’re not afraid to admit that we’re a little intimidated.
Good afternoon! Just wanted to drop by and send some positives vibes, plus wanted to share some toast inspiration. At this moment it is my current obsession aside form kimchi. haha Which toast would you pick? or eat all of them just like I did? Recipe Beet hummus I cup of cooked garbanzo beans 1/2-2/3 a cup of red beets 2 tbsp of tahini 1 tbsp of coconut oil 4 garlic cloves 2 tap of onion powder 4 tbsp of cumin 2 tbsp of soy sauce 2 tbsp of lemon juice 1 tbsp of water. (If needed to be smoother.) Direction Use a high speed blender to make hummus. Stores for 3 days. Enjoy.
9. @edgarraw pulled out all the stops with homemade beet hummus, roasted chickpeas, sprouts, sliced heirloom beets, tomato, avocado, and parsley for these wonderfully raw beauties.
A toast! 🍻 To the prettiest toast! 🍞 💁🏻 At the new @ggetla! Pepita spread, raw & roasted veggies, & butter pickles. Finished off with a terrific patio. #vegan #veganism #govegan #veganlife #vegansofIG #vegansofinstagram #plantbased #whatveganseat #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #veganfood #eaterla #dailyfoodfeed #dineLA #foodgps #lostinLA #hungryinLA #losvegangeles #losangelesvegan #veganlosangeles #vegangeleno #gogetemtiger #postsontoast #pepitaspread #veganlosfeliz #vegantoast
10. Topped with a pepita spread, butter pickles, and a smorgasbord of raw and roasted vegetables, @losvegangeles’ gorgeous restaurant-quality find at the Go Get Em Tiger coffeehouse in Los Angeles makes us want to book a plane ticket to SoCal immediately.
Vegan glutenfree, soyfree, flourless toast without chickpeas or beans.... one could guess I am eating air but nope! SWEETPOTATO TOAST is the solution....or #HoneypoffelhausenToast ( you know that I called my hometown Honeypoffelhausen due to my preference for sweet potatoes–> sweet = honey; potatoes = German “Kartoffeln ” –> potatoes + Kartoffeln–> poffeln 🍯🍠😅 @oo_aika_oo . I topped them beauties with a fancy greenish blue protein cream for which I used the @purya.superfoods red banana protein (so delicious, no additives, sweetened with coconut sugar only, great consistency as it contains no rice protein 😋😋😋) . Also had some @rapunzel_naturkost #peanutbutter, fresh fruit, yacon syrup by @nu3_de and @justspices oatmeal spice to make it even more delicious. If you guys need a detailed “recipe” let me know and I will post it within the next days 😉. Happy Sunday everyone 💛. ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖ Abartig geiles Fresschen 😍. #HoneypoffelhausenToast 🍯🍠🍞. . Ich sag euch sooooo lecker und soooo easy und schnell gemacht. Bin ganz verliebt 😍… Wie geht es euch momentan so meine Lieben? Alles einfach supi dupi oder wo sind momentan eure Baustellen im Leben ☺️ Finde das gut sich auszutauschen und oft hilft es wenn man hört, dass man mit seinen Problemchen nicht alleine da steht 🙈 Bei mir ist die Lage momentan: insgesamt so lala mit zeitweiliger Überanstrengung, etwas ausgepowert, glücklich über das tolle Herbstwetter, leicht kränkelnd und am/über Perspektiven grübeln… und jetzt ihr?. -------------------------------------------- 10% Rabatt mit dem Code “cleanbody10” auf eure PurYa Bestellung 👍🏻. . . . #glutenfree#wholefoods#whatveganseat#earthling#veganzone#starchivore#bestofvegan#veganfoodspot#colorfulfood#healthychoice#fruityourself#veganinspiration#superfoods#breakfastporn#veganbreakfast#frühstück#eatforabs#ichliebefoodblogs @ich.liebe.foodblogs#crueltyfree#buzzfeast#frühstücken#vegantreat#vegantoast#pb#berries#sweettooth#toast#sweetpotatotoast
11. Okay, we’re #obsessed with #sweetpotatotoast, so here’s one more. @clean_body_ made a fruity cream with red banana protein powder and coconut yogurt, then added peanut butter, fresh fruit, yacon syrup, and cinnamon spice to their potato creation. Bookmarking!
Excellent idea 💡💡💡 How to use leftover tomato sauce! Put it on a piece of bread, bake 5 minutes in the oven, top with fresh fennel slices (if you use a mandoline, be careful!) 🍅🍅🍅🍅 #healthyisfunky … you can also use #pumpkinpuree see previous post #vegantoast #healthyfoodshare #tomatoes #cleanfood #kitchenbowl #eattherainbow #gezond #lactosevrij #dairyfree #cleaneats #fitness #plantbased #plantaardig #foodphoto #veganfood #plantaardig #vegansofig #healthyfood #healthynothard #healthy #vegan #nutrition
12. Super simple but deliciously unexpected, @healthyisfunky’s toast is topped with tomato sauce, baked for five minutes, and topped with freshly shaved fennel and herbs. We can’t say it’s pizza, but it sure hits all the right notes.
13. Who know buttery mushrooms, roasted hazelnuts, extra virgin olive oil, avocado, and spinach could make for such an impressive meal? @avocadolovefood is on to something here.
Love the plant-based lifestyle as much as we do?
Get the BEST vegan recipes, travel, celebrity interviews, product picks, and so much more inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!