A decadent Italian dinner, courtesy of Good Food Gratitude by Hollan Hawaii, comes together in no time thanks to a creamy cashew sauce, ricotta-like crumbled tofu, and a secret ingredient: uncooked noodles.
What you need:
For the cashew cream:
2 cups cashews
2 cups water
3 tablespoons tamari
For the lasagna:
2 (16-ounce) packages firm tofu, crumbled
2 teaspoons salt
2 (25-ounce) jars tomato sauce
1 (10-ounce) package uncooked gluten-free lasagna noodles
½ medium onion, chopped
1 (16-ounce) package fresh spinach
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. For the cashew cream, into a high-powered blender, add cashews, water, and tamari, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
3. For the lasagna, into a medium bowl, add crumbled tofu, salt, and cashew cream mixture, and combine well.
4. Into a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish, spread ½ cup tomato sauce, then top with a layer of noodles, another ½ cup tomato sauce, half of the chopped onion, 1 cup tofu crumbles, 1½ cups spinach, and another layer of noodles. Repeat one more time—1/2 cup tomato sauce, onion, tofu, spinach, and noodles—and top with remaining tomato sauce, spreading evenly over noodles to ensure cooking.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, and cut it into six pieces. Serve immediately.
Photo courtesy of Hollan Hawaii
Love vegan food and cooking
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of