The beauty of Italian cuisine is that just a few simple ingredients can produce amazing results. In this recipe, we’ve combining soft, chewy orecchiette (“little ears” in English) with sour mermaid curry sauce for cheesy lunch or light dinner.
What you need:
For the orecchiette:
1½ cups orecchiette pasta
1¼ cups water
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoon blue spirulina powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon curry powder
1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
For the garnish:
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
½ teaspoon thyme, fresh or dried
1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
What you do:
1. For the orecchiette, into a deep pot, place pasta, and cover with water. Bring to boil on medium heat for approximately 5 minutes (or until al dente). Strain and set aside.
2. Into a large bow, place all ingredients and whisk together until completely smooth.
3. Heat a large wok pan, and pour mixture into the pan. On medium heat, cook for approximately 7 minutes (or until tender).
4. Into the pan, add pasta, and toss with sauce.
5. Garnish with fresh rosemary, thyme, and walnuts, and serve warm.
Photo courtesy of Nazlı Günaydın
Please support vegan media while getting the very best in news, recipes, travel, beauty, products, and more.
Subscribe now to our award-winning magazine!