What you need:
2 ounces dried bean thread noodles or rice thread noodles
1 cucumber, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
12 large rice-paper wrappers (8-inch round or larger)
2 cups baby spinach leaves, cut into thin strips
1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
8 ounces seasoned tofu, cut into ¼-inch sticks
12 fresh basil or mint leaves
What you do:
- Place the noodles in a bowl and cover with hot water. Soak 5 minutes, or until softened. Drain well in a mesh strainer and set aside.
- Cut each cucumber length in half crosswise. Remove and discard the seeds by scraping a spoon down the center of each piece. Cut each piece into thin strips.
- Fill a large bowl (at least several inches larger than the rice wrappers) with warm water. Soak 1 wrapper in the water until soft and pliable, 20-30 seconds. Remove the rice wrapper from the water and lay flat on a counter or cutting board.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of spinach leaves along one edge of the wrapper. Place an equal amount of noodles over the spinach. Top the noodles with 1-2 tablespoons of carrots and several pieces each of cucumber and tofu. Top the ingredients with basil or mint leaves.
- Roll the wrapper, starting with the filling side, folding the ends over the filling as you roll and form a tight cylinder.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!