Wow your Instagram followers when you share a snap of these dreamy pancakes from the Orchids + Sweet Tea: Plant-Forward Recipes with Jamaican Flavor & Southern Charm cookbook.
What you need:
1 cup vegan milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup creamy peanut butter, softened
2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for topping if desired
1 cup vegan chocolate chips, plus more for topping if desired
Coconut oil, for pan
Coconut whipped cream, for topping
What you do:
- In a small bowl, combine milk and lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, and set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk milk mixture, peanut butter, and butter until mixture thickens. Add vanilla and maple syrup and whisk until just combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined, being careful to not overmix. Fold in chocolate chips until evenly incorporated.
- Preheat a griddle or a large skillet over medium-high heat, and lightly coat with oil. Once hot, scoop ½ cup of batter onto griddle. Repeat with batter, being careful to not overcrowd pan. Cook until tops begin to bubble, about 2 minutes, then carefully flip. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown on undersides.
- Repeat with remaining batter, regreasing griddle with additional oil after each batch.
- To serve, divide pancakes between two plates. Top with coconut whipped cream, extra chocolate chips, and a drizzle of maple syrup.