On February 14, a collaborative of 10 animal sanctuaries will host a virtual Valentine’s Day event to help animal lovers celebrate the holiday by connecting with animals. Organized by Pennsylvania-based Lancaster Farm Sanctuary, The Great Farm Sanctuary Tour (GFST) will give guests the opportunity to virtually visit all 10 sanctuaries—which are located across the country from New York to Hawaii—on an easy-to-use virtual event platform with an interactive game and opportunities to win fun prizes. GFST will also feature a cooking demonstration by Miyoko Schinner, founder of animal sanctuary Rancho Compasión and founder of vegan cheese company Miyoko’s Creamery. The event will be held from 11:00am to 4:00pm EST.
Participating sanctuaries include:
- Aloha Farm Sanctuary (Kaneohe, HI)
- Animal Place (Grass Valley, CA)
- Austin Farm Sanctuary (Austin, TX)
- Barn Sanctuary (Chelsea, MI)
- Critter Creek Farm Sanctuary (Gainesville, FL)
- Heartwood Haven Farm Sanctuary (Gig Harbor, WA)
- Iowa Farm Sanctuary (Oxford, IA)
- Lancaster Farm Sanctuary (Lancaster, PA)
- Rancho Compasión (Nicasio, CA)
- Woodstock Farm Sanctuary (High Falls, NY)
Two years of tours
This year’s GFST follows a similar event in 2020 which was organized to raise funds for sanctuaries struggling during the COVID-19 pandemic. “As we watched the GFST organize last year, we knew that we wanted to be a part of it,” Kate Tsyrklevich of Heartwood Haven said.
“After a year of COVID restrictions, this event is even more important to connect people, sanctuaries, and animals. We are looking forward to sharing heartwarming stories of rescue and friendship. Join us for some virtual nose boops.”
The $25 ticket price includes access to all tours and organizers are hopeful that guests will contribute additional donations to individual sanctuaries to help them continue their efforts to save animals.