Sandwiched between perfectly sweet, chocolaty cookies, this ice cream treat is easily customizable. Swap out sprinkles for your favorite nuts or vegan candy for a fun twist that’s just as delicious.
What you need:
2¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon Ener-G egg replacer
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup water
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups chocolate chips, divided
1 pint Vanilla Ice Cream (see recipe)
1 cup topping of your choice (sprinkles, toasted almond silvers, coconut, etc)
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, egg replacer, salt, and cinnamon. In mixer, beat margarine, sugar, brown sugar, water, and vanilla until fluffy. Stir in flour mixture ½ cup at a time, then add 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough at a time and flatten with the palm of your hand. Repeat with remaining dough, and space on ungreased baking sheet. Bake until desired brownness (about 5 to 10 minutes).
- Let the pint of ice cream soften in the refrigerator for about 15 to 30 minutes while the cookies cool.
- Between 2 cookies, sandwich 1 scoop of ice cream and freeze. Repeat with all remaining cookies.
- While these sandwiches firm up in the freezer, melt remaining chocolate chips over a double boiler or using the microwave.
- Dip half of each ice cream sandwich in the melted chocolate and roll in desired topping until coated. Refreeze immediately. Enjoy!
Click here to watch Chef Chloe prepare her Chocolate-Dipped Ice Cream Sandwiches.