Wow any crowd with this melty, oh-so-satisfying giant cookie from the Fantastic Vegan Cookies cookbook. Top with scoops of vegan vanilla bean ice cream and extra chocolate drizzles to take it to the next level.
What you need:
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
3 tablespoons vegan milk
½ cup smooth peanut butter
¼ cup maple syrup
¾ teaspoon salt, divided
½ cup vegan butter, softened
½ cup light brown sugar
1½ cups flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix ground flax seeds and milk and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, maple syrup, and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and light brown sugar for 2 minutes. Add flax mixture and continue beating for one more minute.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and remaining salt. Combine dry ingredients with creamed butter mixture. Mix until a firm cookie dough batter is achieved. Fold in chocolate chips and knead for 2 minutes.
- On a clean work surface, place half of dough and roll out into a round pizza shape that is 9½ inches in diameter. Spread peanut butter mixture evenly on top.
- Roll out remaining cookie dough and place on top.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.