Don’t have an air-fryer? Don’t worry, you can pan fry these tasty, Asian-inspired vegan bites from HealthyGirl Kitchen as well.
What you need:
For the wonton filling:
1 cup green cabbage, thinly shredded
½ onion, finely diced
2 large carrots, finely chopped
½ (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
½ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon garlic powder
20 wonton wrappers
What you do:
- In a medium nonstick pan over medium heat, add cabbage, onion, and carrots and cook until soft. Crumble tofu and add. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes and then remove from heat.
- To the center of each wonton wrapper, add 1 teaspoon of vegetable and tofu mixture. Fold wonton wrapper forming a triangle. Lightly moisten edges of wrapper with water and press together.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees and lightly spray with cooking spray. Gently add wontons into air fryer basket, being careful to not stack on top of each other, cooking in batches if needed. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the dipping sauce, in a small bowl, add all ingredients and stir.
- Serve wontons hot with dipping sauce.