Easy, Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Soup With White Beans
This soup gets a creamy and velvety texture thanks to the addition of blended cannellini beans.
September 30, 2022
Cozy up to fall with this thick, creamy, nutritious soup recipe from the The Vegan Bean Cookbook. Serve with a crisp fall salad or crusty, rustic sourdough bread for a perfect, simple meal.
What you need:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium white onion, roughly chopped
8 cups pumpkin flesh, finely cubed
½ cup cooked cannellini beans
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
4 cups vegetable stock
½ cup croutons
1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
What you do:
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add chopped onion, pumpkin, beans, thyme, and ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften, then add salt and black pepper.
- Pour in stock, cover pot with a lid, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove pot from heat and take 1 cup of stock out of pot.
- Use an immersion blender to blend mixture in pot until a smooth consistency is reached, adding in reserved stock as needed.
- Between four serving bowls, divide soup, sprinkle croutons, pumpkin seeds, and parsley, and serve immediately.